A key feature of the CLSX is an 18-inch elliptical footpath. Also worth noting is the comfortable pedal design. Narrow pedal spacing helps reduce the side-to-side shifting of your hips, so the chance of hip pain or lower back stress is minimized compared with exercise on lower quality cross-trainers.
The Life Fitness CLSX is part of the Integrity Series, and the Integrity console features 16 preset workout programs to help trainees make the most of exercise time. These diverse training programs have titles such as Hill, Foothills, Cascades, Kilimanjaro, Interval and Random. Two modes called Cross-Train Aerobic and Cross-Train Reverse include motivating prompts throughout. The Integrity cardio console also supports seamless iPod integration, giving the user access to playlists and volume controls directly on the elliptical.
Other specs to note are wireless heart rate monitoring, accurate contact heart rate monitoring, and the option to run the CLSX entirely off user-generated power.
Our Favorite Features
- Commercial durability including a rear drive design known for low maintenance requirements
- Club-quality performance with a biomechanically correct stride and comfortable upper-body motion
- Motivating program variety with 16 preset workouts focused on interval training, cardio endurance, calorie burn and other goals
- Seamless iPod integration makes it convenient to choose audio files and adjust volume
- A “green machine” with the option to be powered by user energy and to auto-start with the trainee’s motion; also works with a power cord